Sunday, May 31, 2009

Baby Kicks

I started feeling Allissondra kick when I was about 4 months pregnant. She has been quite active and I love it! Nathan has felt her move and give light kicks but Friday night he got to feel a whooper of a kick.

We were at the movies watching the Terminator Salvation. As always when I eat, Alli was kicking up a storm after every bite. I nudged Nate and he put his hand against my belly. Soon after she kicked his hand so hard that he was startled. He looked from the screen to my face with a look of pure surprise and excitement. I have been waiting to get that look. Everyone would say how their husband or significant other's face looked the first time he really felt the baby kick, and I wanted to see that look on Nathan's face so bad. I was so tickled when I finally got that look!

It makes me so much more excited now that I know he can really feel her move. I think it makes it more real for the both of us. We just can't wait to see her!

I have my second, and probably last, ultrasound scheduled for June 26th. I will be 26 weeks pregnant. I am really excited to see how much Alli has grown and changed. So next comes the ultrasound and then she'll be here before we know it.

We also found out at our last doctor's appointment that Allissondra has a 1 in 19990 chance of having down syndrome... which seem like good odds to me. It is such a relief to know that we don't have to worry about our baby's health. With those tests negative, we can breath easy for now =D

Over the next couple months we have a lot going on. We have BBQ's, parties, weddings, showers, reunions and so much more. We just hope we can make it all work.

No comments: