Friday, January 30, 2009

Our Honeymoon

I was looking back at my previous blogs and realized that I never posted anything about our honeymoon! So I decided better late than never.

Nathan and I had planned to get on a plan at 7:10am from Pittsburgh to Ft. Myers Florida. We waited for two hours and at 6:50 they told us our flight was cancelled. We were able to reschedule a flight for 6:20pm. We were stuck in PA for 14 hours! We called a cab and went to the mall. We walked around, shopped a little, went to a movie, and finally went back to the airport to wait. Thankgfully that flight was not cancelled.

We flew to Cincinnatti that night and stayed at a very nice hotel. We were able to eat, shower and rest before leaving that morning for Ft. Myers Florida.

Once in Ft. Myers we found that we were not able to rent a car because we did not have a credit card in Nathan's name and I was not 21. So we had to take a taxi down to Naples Florida.

We stayed at the LaPlaya Beach and Golf Resort in Naples, Florida. We had to take a taxi everywhere we went, which was very expensive.

Our honeymoon was not the picture perfect experience one might have thought it to be. Once there, Nathan and I both ended up sick, I started my period (on my honeymoon!!! AH) and it rained everyday but one, which was the one day we had scheduled our massages, therefore we could not enjoy the sun as much as we would have liked.

Nathan and I loved being in Florida despite all the bad things that had happened. We hope to go back to that Resort every couple years to celebrate our anniversary.

Here is a slide of some of our favorite pictures from our honeymoon.

No comments: